Tuesday, October 15, 2013


My first few weeks at SHM have been amazing so far! I was so intimidated at first; I didn’t know what to expect working here because I had never worked in an office setting like this job. However, I was surprised at how natural it came to me. I loved meeting the new people here at SHM (other coops and full time employees) they make coming to work more enjoyable. It was overwhelming at first having all different kinds of training and having all my tasks described at once. But, it wasn’t so bad because everyone at SHM and The Center was very accommodating and walked me through everything step by step. Also, it helped a lot meeting Sabrina, a past coop. She was able to pass on some tasks she had been working on so I learned how to take over her position seamlessly. I felt like SHM is so familiar with the coop process that the training didn’t feel like school, but like brainstorming. I remember meeting with a few different departments and instead of lecturing us they had us think out loud and take a hands on approach to things. It made training feel a lot less to take on then trying to retain all this information the first day. So far, so good!
-Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment