Monday, October 14, 2013


My first couple of weeks at SHM went very well! I was hit with a lot of information during the 101’s which was a bit overwhelming but once I got the hang of the regular tasks I had to complete (iMIS, phones, media monitoring etc.) I felt more at ease. I really love the environment and the people.  Brendon, the head of the communications department, gave me some independent projects to work on which was great because I felt like I was given work that was able to test my capabilities and even help me to learn more about where my strengths and weakness are. My favorite part of my first couples weeks at SHM were the 101’s. It was really interesting to see what department was in charge of what and who belonged to each department. Since I’ve been here there have been a lot of meetings about different projects within SHM. All of which I was required to attend and even participate in, that related to communications. This was great to see where the communications department would overlap with other departments to get projects done. We also had the October all staff meeting where the co-ops were formally introduced to the staff by their department head and each department updated the rest on some accomplishments/milestones that have occurred. On the other side of things we have had two SHM baby showers since I’ve been working, which were adorable and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment