Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Summer come back!

As you could tell by the title of this, I am not a winter person at all! I very much dislike this weather even though I am a winter baby (January 2). I don't like being cold and I don't like getting stuck in the snow at all! Although I think it is beautiful and I love to watch the snow. I hate being in it, and getting sick! I am definitely a spring/summer person, and even a bit of fall I don't mind. But I really don't like this time of year's weather, but I love the holiday season, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I was struggling to find the right song that can describe my time at SHM. So instead I found a song that made me laugh but still reigns true to my current state as a college student. The winner is...... I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman by Britney Spears. Since I couldn't find an actual song off the top of my head I had to Google how I was truly feeling and this popped up and when it did all of the lyrics made sense... even if it is Britney Spears. Basically the song recounts the awkward in between phases known as young adulthood. I feel like I am not a girl anymore but I wouldn't call myself a woman just yet, that seems weird. I get called young lady a lot. Especially here, at SHM where I am surrounded by adults with kids mortgage payments, car issues etc. I find my self not able to contribute in their conversations as much because I do not have that type of experience. So I have been feeling more of a kid here and then on campus more of an adult, which squeezes me right in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment